NewBie

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Wed May 1 09:46:55 PDT 2013

Hi,

that doesn't sound like a polkit problem per se.
You can probably solve this more easily be simply applying an ACL or
make the directories/files group owned and add users how should get
access to that group.

If you want to do it the polkit way, you'd have to split your
application into a privileged part, running as root and using an IPC
mechanism like D-Bus, communicating with the part that runs as the
unprivileged user.

Michael

2013/5/1 Mohana Sai <mohanasai.26 at gmail.com>:
> I am currently writing an application that can be used by normal users and
> the application has to fetch data from root privileged folders without a
> request of password from the user. I am really stuck and don't know how to
> go about it. Any help would be appreciated.
>                                 Thanks,
>
> MohanaSai Cherukuri

universe are pointed away from Earth?