NewBie

Mohana Sai mohanasai.26 at gmail.com
Wed May 1 10:10:17 PDT 2013

Thanks for response. If I do it the polkit way by separating into
privileged part and unprivileged part, will the privileged part of the
program runs with a non-root user logged in the system. For eg.,
 If my linux has 2 user accounts lets say one for instructor (who has root
credentials) and one for student who knows little about the linux. The
instructor doesn't want to share his root privileges with the student. And
the student wants to run a program which needs to read the root privileged
areas like /dev, and analyse them(without editing them) and show the
results. Here the reading part of the application can be separated to
privileged part and analyzing them to unprivileged. But as the student has
no idea of getting the root privileges, is there a way to design the
application to still run and produce the output ?

Thanks,
MohanaSai Cherukuri