[poppler] Queries on qt bindings

Albert Astals Cid tsdgeos at yahoo.es
Fri Apr 29 09:21:53 PDT 2005

A Divendres 29 Abril 2005 14:11, Brad Hards va escriure:
> I'm looking at poppler/qt/poppler-qt.h, and reviewing the (mostly
> undocumented?) API.
Do you really don't understand some function there? I'd say they are all
pretty obvious.

> Can someone who is familiar with it please explain the
> following?
>
> 1. Why define a Rectangle class? Why not just use a QRect?
Because QRect does not works with doubles. Although it will in Qt4 IIRC

> Also, why are the member variables public? Why no getter/setters?
Because it was quicker to program :-D but feel free to send a patch. (I cannot
guarantee it'll be accepted because i have no commit access but i'm sure jeff
and Kristian are open to having getter/setters)

> 2. Why include <qcstring.h>? Shouldn't this be <qstring.h>?
http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/cvs-api/kdeui/html/classKPasswordDialog.html#e0

int KPasswordDialog::getPassword ( QCString &password, QString prompt, int *
keep = 0L) [static]

that is why the unlock method accepts a QCString, because
KPasswordDialog::getPassword returns one.

Albert