[poppler] Queries on qt bindings

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Fri Apr 29 16:47:01 PDT 2005

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 02:21 am, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> A Divendres 29 Abril 2005 14:11, Brad Hards va escriure:
> > I'm looking at poppler/qt/poppler-qt.h, and reviewing the (mostly
> > undocumented?) API.
>
> Do you really don't understand some function there? I'd say they are all
> pretty obvious.
I do understand most of it - probably PageMode is the only bit I actually have
some doubts with, and that would probably be resolved if I looked at the spec
or at the rest of Poppler.

> > Can someone who is familiar with it please explain the
> > following?
> >
> > 1. Why define a Rectangle class? Why not just use a QRect?
>
> Because QRect does not works with doubles. Although it will in Qt4 IIRC
Ah, yes, I get it now. In Qt4, QRect only uses int, but QRectF takes a qreal,
which is normally a double (can be a fixed point if compiled that way).

> http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/cvs-api/kdeui/html/classKPas
>swordDialog.html#e0
>
> int KPasswordDialog::getPassword ( QCString &password, QString prompt, int
> * keep = 0L) [static]
>
> that is why the unlock method accepts a QCString, because
> KPasswordDialog::getPassword returns one.
Ah, missed that.

Thanks.

Brad