[poppler] Image optimization

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Sat May 21 15:37:10 PDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-05-21 at 11:54 +0200, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > No, its way of minimizing changes to stable code, doing less work and
> > encouraging the use of a backend that has more potential.
>
> Well, imho as Carl said, it is because we are lacking a intermediate class
> that both CairoOutputdev and SplashOutputDev should inherit and that should
> contain that lot of non Cairo/Splash dependant code both clases have.

I disagree on this point.  It's true that the code in CairoOutputDev and
SplashOutputDev is similar in nature, since they implement the same
functionality for different backends.  Where SplashOutputDev calls
sPath->lineTo(x, y) CairoOutputDev calls cairo_line_to(cr, x,y) etc.
Maybe I'm missing something, in that case I encourage you to out
concrete examples of code that could be shared, or even better provide a
patch that consolidates this allegedly duplicated functionality.

cheers,
Kristian