[poppler] General question - Roadmap

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sat Nov 12 04:01:03 PST 2005

A Divendres 11 Novembre 2005 00:37, daniel.campos at juntaextremadura.net va
escriure:
> Hi:
Hi

This is just my answer as developer that has poppler cvs access, maintainer is
krh but he seems to be missing.

AFAIK we have no roadmap.

> Just a question about future developements. Is there any plan to support
> PDF forms? It is quite interesting,
Yes it is

> however I suppose It will need a lot of work
well, there are two separate things one expects to be able of doing when you
have forms, first one is beign able to fill them, that should be a lot of
work, but doable IMHO. The second one is saving the file with the forms
filled to send it to other people, that IS MUCH MORE DIFFICULT as poppler
does not have any infraescture for dumping again the contents of a pdf it has
in memory to a file.

> so I would like to know if there's any plan about that...1.0, 2.0?
> Another interesting thing would be to support the 6.0 and 7.0 versions of
> PDF, at the library seems to complain when you try to open a recent
> document, even if all seems to be OK.
You get warnings? I don't recall getting any in kpdf (does not uses poppler
directly but code is 99% similar)

> I'm developing the Gambas bindings for poppler, that's the reason why I'm
> interested in these improvements, and possible dates.
This means your going to help with coding?

Albert