[poppler] Modifying informations in a PDF file

Jeremy jeremy.ubuntu at free.fr
Wed Apr 19 11:39:36 PDT 2006

Hi,

I am currently PhD student at INRIA, France and I am thinking about
creating a tool to organise the set of PDF files using informations
stored in the metadata. I am thinking about writing this using GTK,
OCaml, MySQL create the document manager using also some indexing
feature of the kat search engine.

For this I couldn't find if poppler is proposing a API for pdfinfo-like
functions (i.e. for collecting metadata information). Also, because most
of the documents are not including any relevant informations in them,
does poppler integrate tools to update the author, the title, the
subject ... ?

Regards,

Jérémy