[poppler] qt/qt4 config checks, use pkgconfig

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Fri Dec 15 07:12:11 PST 2006

Rex Dieter wrote:
> Brad Hards wrote:
>>> OK, easy,
>>> rm -f m4/qt.m4
>>>
>>> (:
>> You don't want Qt3 poppler bindings any more?

> My patch uses pkg-config for qt3 too.  Though, not everyone likely has
> pkg-config and/or qt properly configured for that, it could break
> previously working setups if the legacy config checks for qt3 were
> dropped. ):

> I'll respin a new patch that simply prefers pkg-config, and falls back
 > to the old checks in case of failure.  Does that sound (more)
acceptable?

I'll have to shelve that for now, too busy with other stuff.  I still
consider the patch as-is to be much superior to the existing checks.

>>> I have yet to confirm it, but the tests should be better off with my
>>> approach, since I kept the QtTest bits separate instead of lumping it
>>> together with the other libs as you did.
>> Test, please.
>
> will do.

tests work as advertised, provided one includes an additional patch for
defining moc, since both qt3 and qt4 provide a tool called 'moc', but
only qt4's moc works with qt4/tests.

It doesn't address the existing problems with the test pdfs missing:

make[4]: Entering directory
`/playground/tmp/BUILD/poppler-0.5.4/poppler-0.5.4/qt4/tests'
********* Start testing of TestAttachments *********
Config: Using QTest library 4.2.2, Qt 4.2.2
PASS   : TestAttachments::initTestCase()
Error: Couldn't open file '../../../test/unittestcases/truetype.pdf'
FAIL!  : TestAttachments::checkNoAttachments() 'doc' returned FALSE. ()
    Loc: [check_attachments.cpp(23)]
Error: Couldn't open file '../../../test/unittestcases/WithAttachments.pdf'
FAIL!  : TestAttachments::checkAttach1() 'doc' returned FALSE. ()
    Loc: [check_attachments.cpp(35)]
Error: Couldn't open file '../../../test/unittestcases/A6EmbeddedFiles.pdf'
FAIL!  : TestAttachments::checkAttach2() 'doc' returned FALSE. ()
    Loc: [check_attachments.cpp(76)]
Error: Couldn't open file
'../../../test/unittestcases/shapes+attachments.pdf'
FAIL!  : TestAttachments::checkAttach3() 'doc' returned FALSE. ()
    Loc: [check_attachments.cpp(110)]
Error: Couldn't open file
'../../../test/unittestcases/imageretrieve+attachment.pdf'
FAIL!  : TestAttachments::checkAttach4() 'doc' returned FALSE. ()

-- Rex