[poppler] Re: Alternate Patch for CharCodeToUnicode.cc,1.3,1.4

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Fri Jan 20 13:49:14 PST 2006

A Divendres 20 Gener 2006 22:35, vàreu escriure:
> At 04:22 PM 1/20/2006, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> >Thanks, i'll test and probably commit his patch, can i assume we have his
> >permision to add it to poppler?
>
>          Yes, you do have permission.
>
> >Is he aware that the patches are not yours but from poppler
>
>          Yes, he is 100% aware!
>
> >and so he can NOT  add our (or at least mine) code to xpdf?
>
>          Correct me if I am wrong, but Xpdf is under GPL and Poppler
> is a branch of it also under GPL.  As such, why would there be any
> issues in your patches being rolled back into the main Xpdf code base?

Because he is selling xpdf codebase to people (you for example) using a non
GPL license. He can do that because he owns the copyright over all the code
so he can relicense it under any way he likes. But if he incorates my patches
he needs my aproval to relicense that bits of code that belong to me. And i
don't want my code to end in commercial packages for free, so he does not
have my aproval to do so.

Albert