[poppler] evas support for poppler

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Jan 22 08:59:00 PST 2006

A Diumenge 22 Gener 2006 17:32, Vincent Torri va escriure:

> > > It would be nice as all the other frontends seem to have it.
> >
> > ok, i'll add it
>
> done

> > > Well, you have to use GPL or GPL-compatible, since poppler is GPL, i
> > > don't know what is the license of evas, but i hope it to be GPL
> > > compatible, if not we have a problem there
> >
> > It's BSD, so I think that it's GPL-compatible. At least, one told me that
> > there is no problem at all.
>
> done
>
> some features that are presented in the tests :
>
> test-poppler-evas : rendering, informations, list of fonts, index
> test-poppler-(ewl/etk): widgets, pages, index
>
> The text find functions work (i've tested them)
>
> some things that must be done : utf8 stuff, using another font when one is
> not present. There's a policy problem with test-poppler-ewl, but it's on
> the ewl side, not poppler-evas.
>
> Also, i think that there is some bugs in glib/poppler-page.cc, in the
> functions poppler_page_get_text and poppler_page_find_text. The y*
> coordinates are not well computed, imho.
>
> Do you think that this evas backend can be committed now, or must I have
> to add/fix some things ?

Well, you could make it work ;-)

After applying the two diffs and running autogen i get

checking for Qt4 libraries... no
./configure: line 26278: syntax error near unexpected token `evas,'
./configure: line 26278: `  AC_PATH_GENERIC(evas, 0.9.9,'

Albert