[poppler] hello and a question about HtmlOutputDev

Jauco Noordzij jauco at jauco.nl
Sun Jun 11 00:49:31 PDT 2006

On 6/10/06, Brad Hards <bradh at frogmouth.net> wrote:
> I'd actually love to see an OASIS Open Document Format (ODF) output device.
> You might like to think of this as a particular set of tags for your XML
> output device. There are a number of things in PDF that can't reasonably be
> represented in HTML, but would be very useful to recover into an word
> processor, or presentation software package.

Well, such a conversion is actually what I'm working on for abiword.I
have described the difficulties (and my solution) for creating
structured documents like ODF instead of plain vector based XML (or
Lot's-of-layers-html) at:
http://code.google.com/soc/abisource/appinfo.html?csaid=2A72C68C42173A62
I think the complete process is somewhat out of scope for a pdf
reading library, but if I can build the XML outputdev the
functionality will be there :)

--
groeten,
     Jauco Noordzij