[poppler] status check on PDF annotations

Jack Tanner ihok at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 21 07:51:49 PDT 2006

When I read PDFs in Acrobat, I like to leave myself notes with the Note Tool.
I'm happy to use Acrobat and Note Tool for now, but I want to know that in the
future,  I can read/edit/create new annotations using Free software.

Evince can't display annotations yet (evince-0.5.1-3, poppler-0.5.1-2 on FC5),
but from looking at Bugzilla and the mailing list, it seems that there's some
relevant code in CVS under qt4/src, if I'm understanding this correctly.

Does this code only display annotations if one's using the qt4 wrapper? If so,
what application can I use to read these annotations? Or is this code to be
integrated into poppler proper (not wrapper) at some point?