[poppler] Poppler 0.5.91 (0.6 Release Candidate 2) released

Daniel Gryniewicz dang at gentoo.org
Wed Aug 15 14:27:44 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-15 at 10:23 +0200, Carlos Garcia Campos wrote:

> I know that GNOME schedule can't decide when poppler is released. If
> it's a problem, we can consider split the bindings up, like DBus already
> did[1]. This way we could, for example, do a release for poppler-qt or
> poppler-glib because of an API change or because it's needed for the
> project, even if there aren't significant changes in poppler core.
>
> [1] http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dbus/2006-February/004179.html

We (Gentoo) already split the bindings from the core lib, and it's
almost trivially easy.  A small patch to the makefiles to build against
installed libpoppler rather than built libpoppler, and then appropriate
configure options.

It would be very nice to be able to get the glib bindings released in
line with the Gnome releases, and I'm sure the KDE people would like to
have the QT bindings released in line with KDE releases.  I realize we
can't (and shouldn't) put extra work on all of your shoulders, but
consider this a vote in favor of splitting, and a comment that it's
probably not a lot of effort.

Daniel