[poppler] Poppler 0.5.91 (0.6 Release Candidate 2) released

Albert Astals Cid tsdgeos at yahoo.es
Wed Aug 15 14:59:23 PDT 2007

--- Carlos Garcia Campos <carlosgc at gnome.org>
escribió:

> El mié, 15-08-2007 a las 11:06 +0200, Albert Astals
> Cid escribió:
> > --- Carlos Garcia Campos <carlosgc at gnome.org>
> > escribió:
> > >
> > > El mié, 15-08-2007 a las 02:11 +0200, Albert
> Astals
> > > >

> http://poppler.freedesktop.org/poppler-0.5.91.tar.gz

> #11110
> glib
> > > and
> in
> and
> > > #11610
> confuse

> > > Thank you very much, Albert! :-)

> > > that's
> if
> > >
> > > would it be possible to do it a bit earlier?
> 10th
> > > September is GNOME
> > > hard code freeze and
> > > 19th GNOME 2.20 is out. We are going to break
> the
> > > API in the glib
> > > bindings again (my fault, I wanted to do it
> before
> > > rc2 :-/) so I want
> > > evince 0.10 (to be released for GNOME 2.20) to
> > > depend on poppler 0.6
> > > (more API stable).
> > >
> > > I know that GNOME schedule can't decide when
> poppler
> > > is released. If
> > > it's a problem, we can consider split the
> bindings
> > > up, like DBus already
> > > did[1]. This way we could, for example, do a
> release
> > > for poppler-qt or
> > > poppler-glib because of an API change or because
> > > it's needed for the
> > > project, even if there aren't significant
> changes in
> > > poppler core.
> >
> > When does "a bit earlier" mean?
>
> hmm, I don't know, maybe one or two weeks?.

Ok, so let's say 1st september, ok?

> I think
> that proposing not
> only a date, but also some goals or milestones,
> would help to have the
> release in time. In other words, in addition to the
> feedback we could
> receive from poppler 0.6 rc2, what other existent
> bugs do you all think
> should be fixed before poppler 0.6?

Well, actually we are not even able to accomplish time
based releases, so thinking of feature based releases
is too much imho :D

I think current code is ok, we just need people to use
it and find regressions.

Albert

http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x523E6462