[poppler] CJK problem

Koji Otani sho at bbr.jp
Mon Jul 2 20:54:48 PDT 2007

This patch makes poppler be able to display glyphs for vertical text
correctly.
And it makes poppler be able to display many CJK glyphs that original
code can't display.

This patch works in creating CID-to-GID mapping.
(1) Changes to CairoFontEngine.cc and SplashOutputDev.cc
   Creating CID-to-GID mapping methods is in class GfxCIDFont.
   So, removed duplicated code for creating CID-to-GID mapping from
   CairoFontEngine.cc and SplashOutputDev.cc, and made it use code in
   GfxCIDFont.

(2) Changes to GfxCIDFont (GfxFont.cc)
 (i) Using unicode cmap, convert CID to Unicode as original code.
     But patched code uses CMap for vertical text besides Cmap for
        horizontal text.
     Also it uses ToUnicodeMap to convert glyphs not in the font file into
       variant form glyphs.

 (ii) convert Unicode to GID
     If wmode is vertical, get GID for vertical text using GSUB table in
       TrueType(Open Type) font.

(3) Changes to fofi.
     Added methods to look up GSUB table.

Regards,