[poppler] CJK problem

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Fri Jul 13 15:22:59 PDT 2007

A Dimarts 03 Juliol 2007, vàreu escriure:
> This patch makes poppler be able to display glyphs for vertical text
> correctly.
> And it makes poppler be able to display many CJK glyphs that original
> code can't display.
>

> This patch works in creating CID-to-GID mapping.
> (1) Changes to CairoFontEngine.cc and SplashOutputDev.cc
>    Creating CID-to-GID mapping methods is in class GfxCIDFont.
>    So, removed duplicated code for creating CID-to-GID mapping from
>    CairoFontEngine.cc and SplashOutputDev.cc, and made it use code in
>    GfxCIDFont.
>
> (2) Changes to GfxCIDFont (GfxFont.cc)
>  (i) Using unicode cmap, convert CID to Unicode as original code.
>      But patched code uses CMap for vertical text besides Cmap for
>         horizontal text.
>      Also it uses ToUnicodeMap to convert glyphs not in the font file into
>        variant form glyphs.
>
>  (ii) convert Unicode to GID
>      If wmode is vertical, get GID for vertical text using GSUB table in
>        TrueType(Open Type) font.
>
> (3) Changes to fofi.
>      Added methods to look up GSUB table.

I commited the patch, i'm not going to pretend i understood/read all the
patch, but most of it seemed ok and running some regression testing
against "normal european" files i could not see any difference and it
improves for you so it's a win-win situation. Thanks!

Albert