[poppler] How to know page number for links w/o loading pages?

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Jan 18 07:04:51 PST 2009

A Diumenge 18 Gener 2009, Тодор Африкански va escriure:
> Hello,
>
> I've tweaked poppler a little bit, so it won't load all the pages when the
> document is created, but when they are actually needed (btw if I submit
> this kind of patch will it be accepted, there are no major changes?).

If it implements linearization more probably yes, otherwise we'll have to look
at the patch.

> That's because I need to load large files from the web, so I load the files
> in chunks when data is actually needed. The problem is with links. The
> function that finds a page from its object number just compares all pages,
> assuming they are already loaded. Is there a way to know the page number
> the link leads to without the target page actually being loaded?

The PDF spec says how linearization handles that, if you are implementing
linearization on top of poppler have a look at hint tables in the
specification.

Albert