[poppler] Moving from qsort to std::sort

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Thu Aug 26 15:27:32 PDT 2010

Yes, i know i've been a huge non std:: proponent in poppler for long time
being a PITA for lots of people.

But these people where using lists or strings for which we have a "solution"
that works for our use cases as well as the std ones.

Now qsort vs std::sort is a interesting story, i get up to 30% speedups
(callgrind says) (in the function itself, obviously not in the total runtime)
just exchanging qsort for std::sort.

So let's discuss if we want to allow std or not. And if we allow it, are we
going all in? Or just allow some cases? But which?

Opinions?