[poppler] Win32 poppler-qt4

Carlos Rega carlos_rega at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Dec 16 05:03:10 PST 2010

>I have built the files from the .15.3 code base  and the .14.5 codebase, both
>with there own sets of problems but I (not knowing what I am doing) muddled
>through them... ultimately I end up with the same problem, "Undefined
>References" I gather this means unusable libraries, (can't even get .15.3 to
>complete the build because it tells me cannot export (random characters) <some
>pieces of function names> : symbol not found.

What tools are you using to build poppler? I will assume mingw in what follows.

Earlier 14.x had some problems using mingw, and some files needed patching due
to some side effects of the -ansi switch IIRC. That has been fixed, and 14.5
compiles out of the box for me.

To get poppler to build you will need to get some extra tools and libraries
included in the gtk bundle (sorry, don't have a link, but is easy to find in
google), and of course, a working version of mingw and msys (for the configure
script), then you need to point configure to the location of your QT
instalation, and it should really work.

If you have any more specific problems, let me know.

Carlos