[poppler] Followup Bug 32349 & Poppler: More shading fun ;-)

Thomas Freitag Thomas.Freitag at kabelmail.de
Sun Dec 26 07:57:54 PST 2010

Am 04.11.2010 22:26, schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> Hi, i just commited the patch to splash with antialias and shadings, really
> good work!
>
> Now, it seems you are both magicians so i'm asking another wish :D
>
> Of course only do this if you feel like it's fun ;-)
>
> Have a look at the ducks and roses at
> http://www.acquerra.com.au/poppler/img_0.pdf
>
> Do you guys feel like trying to fix it?
>
> Albert

Hi Albert!

As I already mentioned, I had a deeper look at the ducks & roses, and
espially at the wine glass.
I encountered, that there is no way to solve that in Gfx.cc, and
therefore I implemented radial shading in SplashOutputDev now. It took
me "some" days, more effort then I thought before beginning, but the
result is really beautiful, therefore I attach not only the patch but
the rendering result too, so that You can immediately  what I mean with
beautiful :-)

Take it a belated xmas gift for the poppler community :-)

Best regards,
Thomas