[poppler] Followup Bug 32349 & Poppler: More shading fun ;-)

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Dec 26 16:54:35 PST 2010

A Diumenge, 26 de desembre de 2010, Thomas Freitag va escriure:
> Am 04.11.2010 22:26, schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> > Hi, i just commited the patch to splash with antialias and shadings,
> > really good work!
> >
> > Now, it seems you are both magicians so i'm asking another wish :D
> >
> > Of course only do this if you feel like it's fun ;-)
> >
> > Have a look at the ducks and roses at
> > http://www.acquerra.com.au/poppler/img_0.pdf
> >
> > Do you guys feel like trying to fix it?
> >
> > Albert
>
> Hi Albert!
>
> As I already mentioned, I had a deeper look at the ducks & roses, and
> espially at the wine glass.
> I encountered, that there is no way to solve that in Gfx.cc, and
> therefore I implemented radial shading in SplashOutputDev now. It took
> me "some" days, more effort then I thought before beginning, but the
> result is really beautiful, therefore I attach not only the patch but
> the rendering result too, so that You can immediately  what I mean with
> beautiful :-)
>
> Take it a belated xmas gift for the poppler community :-)

Good work :-)

I've found a regression though, if you run pdftotext with and without the pdf
file i'll send you in private, you'll see that the lower left square has some
"random" white pixels that are not there without the patch.

Albert