[poppler] Patch to Get PDF ID

srinivas adicherla srinivas.adicherla at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 22:28:43 PDT 2010

Hi,

      I sent this patch before. I got response from Albert, he said its
almost ok.
Please give me the status on this.

     *Patches to get PDF ID*

     All patches do the same. But the implementation has different. I
request
  all to give suggestions that which is the good way, and if there is any
  other better way
  please let  me know.

  Explanation:

  *patch1:*
          Here I wrote getPermanentID() & getUpdateID() seperate functions.
  I called these from poppler-glib to get the entire ID and return the
  structure PopplerDocumentId.
          But here the repetetion of the code for getting "ID" object from
  trailer dictionary and check the conditions. To elimante that,

  pathc2:
          I wrote one more function getID(GooString *id, int index) in
  PDFDoc.cc, and calling this from getPermanentID() and getUpdateID(), by
  passing appropriate index.
          To eliminate this index thing,

  patch3:
          I declare one enum PDFID
                              {
                                   permanentID,
                                   updateID
                              }
                and remove getPermanentID() and getUpdateID() functions.
  Added getID(GooString *id, PDFID idType)

  Iam not at good in giving names to variable & functions. Please give me
  suggestions.

  Please let me know when you commit this patch. If any of the patch is
  considered from the above.

Thanks
--
A Srinivas