[poppler] SWIG wrapper for poppler

Tim Brody tdb2 at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Nov 4 09:11:24 PDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-11-03 at 18:52 +0000, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> A Dimecres, 3 de novembre de 2010, Tim Brody va escriure:
> > I've reworked my SWIG wrapper into a patch (attached).
> >
> > I'm no expert on automake and pretty new to SWIG - I've copy-n-pasted
> > most of the SWIG stuff from Xapian.
>
> I'm not sure if you are aiming for inclusion in mainline poppler or just want
> to share your patch.
>
> If you aim for inclusion in poppler, i'm sorry but we don't want people using
> the internal core structures so we can't accept your patch. You should be
> using any of the three public frontends qt/glib/cpp

The 0.12 front-ends don't do what I require:
1) Search PDF for patterns of words (or regexp a single word)
2) Add link annotations
(And in 0.15 retrieving all text with positional data is very
inefficient - re-display() for every word?)

Basically I'm sruck with the same concern here:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/poppler/2006-January/001522.html

I could do the above in 0.12 if I had direct access to the guts of the
PDF document.

All the best,
Tim.