[poppler] Poppler libs on Qt Symbian - Performance - Can it work?

Colby Boyer colby.boyer at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 10:19:43 PST 2010

Anyone experiement with how well the Qt PDF poppler libraries work with
symbian? I'm not sure if there will be much of an issue of going to ARM
with the poppler lib, let alone symbian. I know poppler already has the Qt
hooks, so getting it to work in the Qt SDK is trival.

Two things worry me, performance issues on speed and memory usage. Can
anyone comment on this? Or has anyone tried this?

It would be nice to replace the sad sad excuse of a program known as adobe
reader for the symbian OS. On the desktop, poppler does much better so I
think the same can hold for the mobile space. Also, its a good chance to
get an open source program out there in that mobile space.

If no one has tried it, I will give it a shot and let you know how it
goes!

Thanks!

Colby Boyer

Sent with Alpine 2.0