[poppler] Wrong hinting

Harry Roberts harry at midnight-labs.org
Sun Feb 13 16:41:49 PST 2011

Linked is a reference rendering using a reasonably recent Poppler Git
checkout (0.16), I tried to output it at the same size as your screenshot.
-- http://i.imgur.com/NZoEv.jpg

The image was rendered using the splash backend at 1686x1686 with line
antialiasing disabled and Xft hinting/antialiasing enabled, then re-sampled
to 843x843 (related note: I've found this method to provide print-production
quality renderings in even the most obscenely complex PDFs)

I'm not seeing the same problems when viewing in Apple Preview or Google
Chrome's PDF viewer on OSX either.