[poppler] Wrong hinting

mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Mon Feb 14 04:10:59 PST 2011

Hi,

I'm using the latest FreeType2 taken from GIT, and
pdftoppm (which does not rely on xft2) shows your
issue, but pdftoppm uses SplashOutputDev.

Checking CairoOutputDev is appropriate to investigate
your issue found on zathura (using CairoOutputDev
directly) and epdfview (using CairoOutputDev via
poppler-glib), so pdftocairo is better starting
point. Unfortunately, still pdftocairo is not
available on the main trunk. Now I'm trying to build
fully statically linked pdftocairo with older poppler
(about 8 year ago). If I got any progress, I will
post to this list. Please wait for a while.

Regards,
mpsuzuki