[poppler] Radial shading in poppler

Andrea Canciani ranma42 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 09:36:46 PST 2011

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 8:22 PM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> A Dimecres, 19 de gener de 2011, Thomas Freitag va escriure:
>> I don't know, if we need to wait until Albert commit my last
>> patch, at least we need it, when I have to call a different method than
>> getColor.
>
> FWIW I don't think i'll be able to finish the regtesting of your patch before
> the weekend.

I have a working implementation of the simple approach suggested by
Thomas, I'm now working on improving it as I suggested.

I had a look at the two radial gradient implementations and I would
advise against having both of them in the code with one #ifdef'd out.
If you think that the bresenham implementation should stay in the
code, it would be better to at least always compile it, so that it will
not bitrot too much. I think that anyway independent implementations
(Adobe Reader, Ghostscript) are to be preferred for regtesting,
because they are not affected by bugs shared in the two poppler
implementations (example: the bug in the range computation in
GfxState.cc)

The newer implementation is more complicated than it is actually
needed (in particular in the 5 nested if's part). If you are willing to
use this implementation, I can clean it up a little.

Andrea