[poppler] Annot rendering improvements

Fabio D'Urso fabiodurso at hotmail.it
Sat Apr 7 04:30:37 PDT 2012

I've just finished the bbox part. Since I also changed the AnnotLine patch,
I'm reposting all the final patches yet to be committed.

NOTES ON BBOX CHECKING:
> Since we're so close to release I'd just disable clipping for generated
> appearances for now. After all, we never export the generated appearance,
> therefore it won't cause incompatibilities with other readers.
Unfortunately this workaround only worked for non-transparent annots,
therefore I had to implement proper bbox adjustment for generated appearances
that potentially draw out of the bbox (AnnotLine, AnnotPolygon, AnnotInk
and AnnotTextMarkup).

The bbox is recalculated in *::draw, but the result is stored different
object than rect, so that the rect can't change out of user control.
In particular, I initialize the new bounding box as the rect, and grow it if
necessary. These changes are in 0008 and 0009.
Note: In 0009 I removed a check that forced AnnotTextMarkup's quadrilaterals
within the rect at initialization time. Now it behaves like acroread.

> * = Actually, AnnotLine already changes rect from draw (as workaround for
> pdf_commenting_new), but I don't feel comfortable with this approach.
This workaround is not needed any more. Patch 0008 removes it.