[poppler] poppler 0.21.4 fails to build with cairo 1.12.8 for me

Adrian Johnson ajohnson at redneon.com
Thu Dec 27 16:37:27 PST 2012

On 28/12/12 06:49, Alex Korobkin wrote:
> Offending line seems to be:
> CairoOutputDev.h:233:16: error: 'virtual void
> CairoOutputDev::setSoftMaskFromImageMask(GfxState*, Object*, Stream*,
> int, int, GBool, GBool, double*)' cannot be overloaded

My copy of 0.21.4 does not have setSoftMaskFromImageMask at line 233 of
CairoOutputDev.h.

> Does poppler 0.21.4 work with Cairo 1.12.8 for anyone?

Works for me with cairo 1.12.8 on Ubuntu 12.10.

> Do you have any hints on why would it complain about such overloading problem?

I have had linking problems when there is already a previously installed
copy of poppler in the install location (only occurs when glib
introspection is enabled). But your problem seems to be occurring at the
compile stage.