[poppler] pdftoppm - Error: Couldn't find a font for 'UMVSUI+ArialNarrow-Bold', subst is 'Helvetica'

Stefano Emilio Campanini stefano.campanini at tinvention.net
Thu Feb 9 03:12:21 PST 2012

2012/2/9 suzuki toshiya <mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp>:
> Hi,
>
> I didn't know that openSUSE people created the collection
> for MinGW binaries, it is very interesting. Thank you for
> notice.
>
> BTW, I'm not sure your current situation:
> * when you work on GNU/Linux, the error is given
> * when you work on Windows (with binary compiled by openSUSE
> people), the error is given
> is it right understanding?
>
> If my understanding in above is right, I will try to make
> a pdftoppm binary that generates tons of debug/trace message
> and I will ask you to run it for the copyrighted material,
> to track how the font object is loaded. Is it possible?

Hi guys,

I have investigated more deeply.
The problem was not on poppler libs they are working correctly.

I'm calling pdftoppm from another application ( java, using stdour,
stderr, stdin ) and in the case of "font errors" my program doesn't
consume correctly stderr and stdout, so the process remained blocked

pdftoppm.exe write on stderror message, return 1, and create images
correctly.

Sorry for waste your time, thanks you for your immediate support and
for poppler libs that are high quality libs.

Bye
Stefano

--
Tinvention - Ingegneria Informatica -