[poppler] Missing language pack for 'Adobe-Japan1' mapping error when using pdftohtml

Nitesh G. nitesh.golchha at emc.com
Wed Jul 25 04:21:14 PDT 2012

Hi,

I am new to poppler and I am using pdftohtml to create HTML from PDF.
I used the simple command:-
cmd>pdftohtml.exe source_file.pdf destination_file.html

But I get an error: Missing language pack for 'Adobe-Japan1' mapping.
I checked the forum and it looks like installing poppler-data resolves the
issue.
I am currently working on Windows. All that popplar-data installation does
is place data in certain folders.I have extracted the data to my folders but
when I check the PDF file through pdffonts, I still get the same error. How
can I resolve this on windows?

Thanks in advance,
Nitesh