[poppler] Using poppler in windows application shows Exception.

Ihar `Philips` Filipau thephilips at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 04:31:05 PDT 2012

On 6/11/12, suzuki toshiya <mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp> wrote:
> Yet I'm a very very newbie of Microsoft Visual Studio development,
> so please don't take my comment as crucial.
>
> According the messages in the stackoverflow I referred, it would be
> impossible to build a DLL that can working with any version of MSVC
> runtime, thus, the redistribution of MSVC runtime would be a solution.

Yes.

[ Double check that all on internet. My Windows knowledge is quite outdated. ]

The redistributable files can be found on-line, search for "visual
studio 2008 run-time." (In past they were also included with the MSDev
installation itself - try searching for the "redist" subdir inside the
MSDev installation.)

A proper MSDev license(*) also gives you the right to redistribute the
run-time installation package with your application. You should
include needed redist *.exe files in your own setup and call it from
the setup script (normally with "/q" (quiet) parameter).

Google/bing for more and more up-to-date info.

(*) MSDev Express is a different story.