[poppler] Annotation interoperability

Fabio D'Urso fabiodurso at hotmail.it
Sat Oct 6 12:23:55 PDT 2012

On Friday, October 05, 2012 08:58:34 PM Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> El Divendres, 5 d'octubre de 2012, a les 20:42:36, Adam Reichold va
> escriure:
> > [...]
> > So I'll probably start to respect the FixedSize and FixedRotation
> > flags beginning with Poppler 0.22? (Meaning text annotations will
> > really be 24px times 24px from the top left corner of the boundary no
> > matter what resolution I pass to Poppler::Page::renderToImage?)

I'm not planning to fix the scaling issue therefore, unless you do that
yourself, in 0.22 they will be as big as they are now, that is 24x24 user
space units, *not* device space units (ie pixels).
The only difference is the corner from which the rectangle is calculated.

About the FixedSize flag, it's true that it is always set and Poppler respects
it for text annotations, but in general it is not supported for any other
annotation type. Therefore I discourage you from starting to respect it in
your program, as Poppler's rendering would not match the (un)scaled
boundaries.

About FixedRotation, except from telling clients that it is set in text
annotations, Poppler always ignores it, even when rendering text annotations.

> About the Poppler 0.22 that is why i suggested merging the patch only to
> master.

I agree, 0.22 only.

Fabio