[poppler] Annotation interoperability

Adam Reichold adamreichold at myopera.com
Sat Oct 6 22:57:59 PDT 2012

On 06.10.2012 21:23, Fabio D'Urso wrote:
> On Friday, October 05, 2012 08:58:34 PM Albert Astals Cid wrote:
>> El Divendres, 5 d'octubre de 2012, a les 20:42:36, Adam Reichold
>> va escriure:
>>> [...] So I'll probably start to respect the FixedSize and
>>> FixedRotation flags beginning with Poppler 0.22? (Meaning text
>>> annotations will really be 24px times 24px from the top left
>>> corner of the boundary no matter what resolution I pass to
>>> Poppler::Page::renderToImage?)
>
> I'm not planning to fix the scaling issue therefore, unless you do
> that yourself, in 0.22 they will be as big as they are now, that is
> 24x24 user space units, *not* device space units (ie pixels). The
> only difference is the corner from which the rectangle is
> calculated.

So expect for the incompatibility being resolved by the change of base
corner, everything stays as it is. Check. (Disregarding problems with
the PDF standard, this seems more usable in the long-term since on
higher resolutions (be it per inch or by number) you'll probably want
to scale those little icons somehow.)