[poppler] lcms usage in poppler

Leonard Rosenthol lrosenth at adobe.com
Sun Aug 4 06:00:39 PDT 2013

On 8/4/13 8:35 AM, "Thomas Freitag" <thomas.freitag.bbr at gmail.com> wrote:

>1. The PDF spec says that the default rendering intent is
>RelativeColormetric

Correct.

>2. The explanation in the 070-072_ReadMe_Ghent_Output_Patch.pdf says
>that the crosses should be rendered with Perceptual rendering
>But what inside the patch tests says that not the default, but the
>Preceptual rendering intent should be used? I haven't found any
>rendering intent parameters in the patches.

I haven't looked at the patches, so I can't be certain.

However, I can say that the RI can be changed from the default in one of
three ways.
1 - the 'ri' operator in the content stream
2 - the 'RI' key in an ExtGState dictionary (which is set with the 'gs'
operator)
3 - the 'Intent' key on a specific image XObject.

Make sure you've looked at all three.

>Does GTS_PDFX as subtype and/or the ICC profile ine OutputIntents
>directory forces this?

NO!   However, when acting as a PDF/X compliant viewer, you WOULD use that
profile as the source and/or destination profile for rendering instead of
some other "working space".

Leonard