[poppler] Differing number of items returned from get_text{, layout} for glyphs over page edge

Peter Waller peter at scraperwiki.com
Wed Dec 4 05:34:46 PST 2013

On 28 November 2013 07:22, Germán Póo-Caamaño <gpoo at gnome.org> wrote:

> FWIW, I tried to use poppler_page_get_text_layout_for_area()  for
> implementing the text annotation markup in glib (in the demo), but it is
> notoriously slower than the deprecated
> poppler_page_get_selection_region().

What are your timings? I tested it and see that
poppler_page_get_text_layout_for_area and poppler_page_get_text_for_area
are ~30% slower for emptyish pages and <~5% slower for more populated
pages. Absolutely it is O(1ms) so doesn't seem a concern to me, but I'm
curious what problem you're encountering.