[poppler] where to put my poppler-data

ginzzer ginzzer at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 15:22:37 PST 2013

Hi there,
  I succeed in compiling the poppler in mingw under windows. I am trying
use pdftocairo to extract a pdf (contains Asian characters in CJK or unicode)
but it seems that some fonts was missing. Someone told me that I should
install poppler-data, I did the following

  make install datadir=/mingw/share

and it seems have everything installed proplerly. But then, I have to
pull the executable outside the mingw (msys) environment and make it run
in windows. In that case, I should copy the poppler-date somewhere else,
but how can I tell poppler to locate the right datadir?

By the way, in the mingw environment, if I run pdftocairo -png xxx.pdf
with xxx.pdf contains some Asian characters, it crashes.  Is that
anything to do with the poppler-data configuration? Thanks.