[poppler] About the problem of fonts

suzuki toshiya mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Tue Jan 14 22:15:39 PST 2014

Hi,

Unfortunately, there is no stable solution.

1) Running pdftoppm on Windows (or Mac OS X) system where
the official copy of MS Gothic (or MS Mincho) are accessible
by pdftoppm.

2) Installing some fonts with MS Gothic or MS Mincho compatible
metrics, like, Mona fonts.

# But I don't know the alphabet metrics are either tuned to
# be compatible. I think the tuned metrics of such fonts are
# mainly Katakana, Hiragana etc.

3) Remaking PDF with embedded fonts.

Regards,
mpsuzuki