[poppler] xpdf 3.04 is out

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Tue Jun 3 21:28:07 PDT 2014

AAC> Has anyone done any preliminary diff between 3.03 and 3.04?

I just pushed 3.04 to my git repo on annarchy:

  git://annarchy.freedesktop.org/~cloos/xpdf.git

git diff xpdf-3.03..xpdf-3.04 is 59643 lines long, but much of that
diffstat is not relevant to incorporating the change into poppler.

The diff can be viewed at:

  http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~cloos/xpdf/diff/?ignorews=1

AAC> How hard is it going to merge?

Some of the changes should be easy, such as the changs to pdftops,
pdfinfo and the like, which look independent of the changes to the
internal code like PSOutputDev.cc.

There is now form support; I can't quickly tell how much work it'd be to
merge that with poppler's own support.  The xfa form support look useful!

TextOutputDev.cc looks to have the most changes.

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos at jhcloos.com>         OpenPGP: 0x997A9F17ED7DAEA6