[poppler] PDF to PPM: Page height differs between 32bit and 64bit systems

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Thu May 15 12:20:06 PDT 2014

WB> Will truncating it to float always round in the right direction?

Probably not.  But the default rounding mode was good enough for the
proof of concept.

WB> Would it be safer or more machine independent to use something like
WB> h = (int)ceil( pg_h - epsilon ) where epsilon is 1e-4 or 1e-5?

That was the point of my "A more accurate treatment" comment.

But I wasn't sure how small epsilon should be, so I didn't suggest.

Perhaps 0x1p-16?

I know C better than C++.  Does C++ already have a routine for this?

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos at jhcloos.com>         OpenPGP: 0x997A9F17ED7DAEA6