[poppler] frazzled output of pdftoppm

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Fri May 30 13:57:16 PDT 2014

GS> I want to convert pages from a black and white pdf with pdftoppm to
GS> pbm files. This works, however, the output looks frazzled.

Without the original pdf I cannot be certain, but if the text in the
original is not scanned, the -aa option to pdftopnm should help.

Ie, add  -aa no -aaVector no  to your command line.

You also might want to try each of:

    --freetype yes
and
    --freetype no

To see whether either makes any difference for you pdfs.

The other alternative is to use -gray instead of -mono and postprocess
the resulting pgm files with pgmtopbm (from netpbm) to give you more
control over how the gray is reduced to black-n-white.

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos at jhcloos.com>         OpenPGP: 0x997A9F17ED7DAEA6