[poppler] [RFC] Add option to strip encryption

Adam Reichold adam.reichold at t-online.de
Sat Jul 25 06:02:03 PDT 2015

Hello,

Am 25.07.2015 um 14:46 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> El Dissabte, 25 de juliol de 2015, a les 14:26:48, Adam Reichold va escriure:
> Does this allow for:
>
> a) Removing password for a document that is really encrypted
> b) Removing password for a document that asks for password but is not really
> encrypted
> c) None of the above

I think that since the "Encrypt" entry of the trailing dictionary is
always removed when this option is set it will do a) and b). And since
it is implemented as a additional PDF write mode I think it allows c)
but I actually do not really understand third bullet point. Do you mean
removing the encryption but keeping the password? (Which it currently
does not cover.)

Best regards, Adam.