[poppler] pdftocairo Offending Command error when printing

Pierre-Luc Samuel Pierre-Luc.Samuel at ticketmaster.com
Mon Sep 19 13:21:13 UTC 2016

Hi,

I am trying to debug a weird issue I have with a printer (Kyocera
p2135dn).  When I convert the attached PDF to postscript using pdftops,
the printer accepts and prints the file properly, but when I use
pdftocairo, the printer rejects the file with the following error:

Error name:   /configurationerror
Offending Command: --setpagedevice--
Operand Stack:
-dict-

Even when removing _everything_ on the pdf, as the examples I have a
attached, I still get the "Offending Command" error.  I have tried
examining the content of the files, but I have a hard time pinpointing
what could be wrong in the pdftocairo-generated file.

I am attaching 3 additional files (A,B,C) that show attempts I made to
modify the file (thought maybe the page size/bounding box was the issue)
but all three have failed printing with the same error...

Anyone have ideas of what I should investigate?

Thanks,
Pierre-Luc