[poppler] Moving out of the freedesktop umbrella?

Jason Crain jason at aquaticape.us
Tue Apr 11 14:53:16 UTC 2017

On Sat, Apr 08, 2017 at 11:58:00PM +0200, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/CodeOfConduct/ has appeared from thin air
> from no public discussion that I can see.
>
> I don't disagree with having a code of conduct, but having one forced down our
> throats seems kind of a violation of the code of conduct itself.
>
> How would the community feel about moving the project somewhere else?
> Suggestions welcome.

I do think that this should have been publicly discussed before it was
adopted.  According to Daniel Stone's recent email¹ on the xdg list,
this was discussed privately by the fd.o admins, but I believe there
should also have been a public discussion period.

However, I think having a CoC is good and I don't see anything I
disagree with in the CoC.  I would prefer that it be more explicit,
especially regarding how enforcement and complaints are handled, but
overall I agree with it and I don't think that poppler should leave fd.o
because of this.

¹ https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xdg/2017-April/013882.html