[poppler] Example travis configuration file for poppler

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed Feb 14 23:43:19 UTC 2018

El dimarts, 13 de febrer de 2018, a les 15:53:42 CET, jose.aliste at gmail.com va
escriure:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 6:57 PM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> > El dilluns, 12 de febrer de 2018, a les 16:03:35 CET, Jeroen Ooms va
> >
> > escriure:
> > > We have been working on a .travis configuration file to automatically
> > > test poppler feature branches on various linux and osx configurations.
> > > Perhaps this may be interesting to other poppler users as well.
> > >
> > > The example ".travis.yml" file can be copied from:
> > > https://github.com/jeroen/poppler/blob/travis/.travis.yml (example
> > > results: https://travis-ci.org/jeroen/poppler). Github users can
> > > active the CI up by adding the .travis.yml file to the root of the
> > > poppler source directory, and then login to travis.com and activate
> > > the switch for the poppler source repository.
> >
> > I don't think promoting a non free platform on the official poppler
> > repository
> > makes sense.
> >
> > I'm running travis on my non official poppler mirror
> > https://travis-ci.org/tsdgeos/poppler_mirror
> > as you obviously know since you're using my packages.
> >
> > I'll see if i adopt your mac parts.
>
> Is there other ways of automatically test with travis using free
> infrastructure?

You mean if something that is free supports .travis.yml ?

No idea, probably not?

> > > If there is sufficient interest, we can explore additional travis
> > > targets for other platforms, compilers, sanitizers, etc. Large
> > > projects like libcurl [1] and gdal [2] extensively use travis in the
> > > development process. It may be useful to use this for the official
> > > https://github.com/freedesktop/poppler repository.
> >
> > WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT REPOSITORY? Who is pushing there? I'll ask the
> > freedesktop people.
> >
> This is just a mirror of cgit.freedesktop.org

I disagree, nowhere it says it's a mirror, and there's 3 people that sent
patches https://github.com/freedesktop/poppler/pulls probably thinking people
would answer.

That is *very* sub-optimal  and i already complained about it in the
freedesktop list.

In typical freedesktop manner no one is answering.

P.S: https://github.com/tsdgeos/poppler_mirror is more obvious it's a mirror