[poppler] Color conversion while rendering for printing

William Bader williambader at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 11 14:02:45 UTC 2018

ghostscript had a similar issue with performance, and they added a -dUseFastColor to bypass ICC lookups.  https://www.ghostscript.com/doc/9.23/Use.htm#EPS_parameters

They are also working on a fork of LCMS that is faster and thread-safe. https://www.ghostscript.com/doc/9.23/History9.htm#Version9.23

I think that only the final application to process the file should apply the color conversion. Viewers know that they are the final application. When poppler renders a document, it doesn't know if the results will be sent to another application, to a printer that will apply its own color conversion, or to a printer that will output it directly. That might be another reason to make it optional.

William