[poppler] ABI stability

Adam Reichold adam.reichold at t-online.de
Thu May 24 18:33:40 UTC 2018

Hello Heinz,

Am 24.05.2018 um 20:13 schrieb Heinz Wiesinger:
> Of course, there's also the possibility that I'm missing something, in which
> case, mea culpa. However, I would still appreciate some explanation in that
> case, if only for my personal curiosity :)

libpoppler is not considered a public API. The frontend libraries
(libpoppler-{qt5,glib,cpp}) are and therefore have API and ABI stability
guarantees. Applications should try to target those and avoid working
directly against Poppler's internal interfaces as much as possible. If
the frontend libraries miss any specific functionality, people will
usually try to expose that in a way that is idiomatic for the frontend
in question.

Best regards,
Adam