[poppler] How to install newer Poppler version on KDE neon

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Aug 9 19:35:22 UTC 2021

El dilluns, 9 d’agost de 2021, a les 19:05:42 (CEST), Marc Serra va escriure:
> Hi, I'm trying to use the digitally sign option on Okular (version
> 21.04.3), but seems my poppler version is too old (0.86.1-0ubuntu1)
>
> I'm using KDE Neon 5.22 and it's up to date.
>
> Is there a clean and easy way to install a newer poppler version? Some
> repository? I cannot find a way other than compile from source
>
> Thank's and good job!

A new poppler won't give you anything, you'll also need to recompile Okular with that new poppler.

The only easy suggestion i can think of is to use Okular from flathub.

https://flathub.org/apps/details/org.kde.okular

See discussion at Caliu[1] [2], it worked for one person and not for another so I'm just hoping the one that didn't work didn't configure it correctly.

[1] https://lists.riseup.net/www/arc/caliu-info/2021-08/msg00001.html
[2] https://lists.riseup.net/www/arc/caliu-info/2021-08/msg00000.html