[Portland] Basic cross-desktop requirements for ISVs

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Thu Dec 8 09:42:51 EET 2005

Am Donnerstag, 8. Dezember 2005 03:14 schrieb Billy Biggs:

Hi,

> Martin Konold (martin.konold at erfrakon.de):
> > I think that a webbases solution like a wiki is more accessable to ISVs
> > as I expect that some ISVs have a hard time dealing with CVS.
>
>   That's either a not-so-subtle insult or an acknowledgement of
> corporate firewall policies, but I'm not quite sure :)

Basically I know of many big corporations (e.g. Bosch, SAP) which dissallow
the ports required to do CVS for most if not all of their employees. So yes
it is a firewall issue.

In addition not everyone is familiar with the usage of CVS. E.g. I can imagine
some product manager which will be able to give us valuable feedback who is
not allowed to install the necessary tools to do CVS on her workstation...

Regards,
-- martin

--
http://www.erfrakon.com/