[Portland] RE: Basic cross-desktop requirements for ISVs

Banginwar, Rajesh rajesh.banginwar at intel.com
Tue Dec 6 23:03:44 EET 2005

Here they are.... (just verbatim from notes)

Thanks,

-Rajesh

Integration with Desktop
	menu
	mime
	desktop icon
	system integration
	file selector on api
	configuration framework
	open a browser with options
	send email
	address book
	help syste,
	proxy setttings
	get set common desktop attributes
		fonts, default apps, wallpaper, default printer
offline/online
	screen saver

Single certification
	versioned

Looks good on Gnome and KDE

Single binary package for multiple targets

VFS

password storage (keyring, wallet) / single sign on

Superuser actions

launch a viewer for mime type (start.exe)

ISV